Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cannot guarantee my Arsenal stay : Cesc Fabregas


Cesc Fabregas has revealed that he cannot guarantee Arsenal fans that he will still be a Gunner next season as the saga surrounding his possible move to Barcelona continues.

The Catalan is therefore placing his future in the hands of Arsene Wenger.

When asked whether he could ascertain whether he would be plying his trade in north London after the summer, the answer, given to reporters at a press conference on Tuesday, was a simple "no".

"I will only say one thing. I have great respect for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal Football Club and for the Arsenal fans," he told reporters.

"Sometimes not even in my house I've felt more loved than I've felt at Arsenal.

"I had a long conversation with Arsene and it was probably the greatest conversation I had with someone in my life. I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this."

The Gunners boss has told Fabregas to make sure that his full focus is on football ahead of his country's World Cup campaign.

"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup and to leave it in his hands," Fabregas added.

"He will deal with whatever happens in my future and that's what I'm doing - just concentrating on football. It's not up to me anymore.

"It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else and I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing.

"The rest is the future and I'm not interested in the future."

No comments: